BEOVISION 14 ANDROID

Home Forums General Forum General Discussion & Questions BEOVISION 14 ANDROID

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alain6578
    BRONZE Member

Hello,

I have a problem with my beovision 14. It is impossible to use ANDROID (not possible to set up an account and nothing works). It is impossible to update android. In addition, the beoone works randomly. Perfect, it is possible to use iphone. The RADIO icon has disappeared from the BEOONE.

An indie?

Thanks ,

Alain SCHROBILTGEN

9_LEE
        • Eastbourne England

Hello Alain,

You need to use two-step authentication to log in to Google, otherwise it just will not let you log in.  Then, you will need to update the software – then (in my experience) reset the TV to default and log in again.  After that, leave the TV for a day or two to ‘stabilise’

The BV14 is a lovely TV, but… as with all B&O products of the era, it’s all about software.

Lee

Djeten
        BRONZE Member

Alain,

I have a beovision 14-55 too. A wonderfull piece of tech. Love the design.

But the android TV is shamefully stuck at I believe a version number of 6.x while google is already on the 1x upgrades. Last upgrade dates from a few years ago.

Thus, the TV menu is old and dated and failing for streaming spotify, netflix… cause of the old software. Only Youtube still works.

On other TVs of the same age a google update still works. Even possible to install the new google TV.

I contact the BEO tech support… but no way to upgrade. Or they make themselves easy.

So with a TV that costed a huge amount of money I’m obliged to buy a google TV dongle for easy operation.

I just can’t get it. What a service.

Didn’t want to flash it myself with a google TV.

Hope maybe others did?

Didier B.

Jefferson
          BRONZE Member

You need to use two-step authentication to sign in to Google, otherwise it won’t let you sign in. You will then need Modilimitado En to update the software – then (in my experience) reset the TV to default and log in again. Then, step away from the TV for a day or two to ‘settle in’

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jefferson.
            • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Jefferson.
            Burto
            BRONZE Member

Hi Lee, I am having a similar problem with my Avant NG. Unfortunately the 2 factor authentication solution is not an option with really old versions of Andriod. A possible solution is to sideload slightly newer versions of the Play Services, Chromecast (if applicable) and Youtube. It is a bit of a fiddly process and not always successful (I didn’t have luck). If you search BV Horizon – Cannot log into Google, on the forum you will see a similar issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.