Beosound Theatre — Knowledge Base

Home Forums General Forum General Discussion & Questions Beosound Theatre — Knowledge Base

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    DHA
    BRONZE Member

I have disconnection problems with my Beolab 18s – it will forget one of them (not the same one) and I have to add it back via the app. B&O suggested it was my wifi that was causing this and I should stop using 5ghz devices in the home, which isn’t possible

Marc
      BRONZE Member

I tried that. Only using 2.4 wifi and the next day, gone. Both of them. Didn’t help in my case. 😞

sclny1
        BRONZE Member

Who are you working with to resolve these software issues? I’m working with my sales rep. He’s been very helpful. I’ve had over 10 software updates, a new Beoremote, and nothing has worked so far.

I’d be interested to know if you’re able to resolve your issues.

Good luck!

JPTINGLEV
          BRONZE Member
            • Danmark/Flensborg

Please be adwised – do not update you Apple TV4 (IF YOU HAVE connected BST over the HDMI).

you will lose control from you BeoremoteOne.

problem ist the Apple TV uodate 17.4

i have had a short conwesation to the support team on the topic – no solution for the moment being!

sorry for the danish feedback form the support team – see below:

————-

Response By Email (18/03/2024 12.08 PM)

Hej Jens,

Tak for din henvendelse.

NÄr dit AppleTV ikke lÊngere reagerer pÄ Beoremote One, er det sandsynligvis, fordi Apple har begÄet en fejl ved seneste opdatering til version 17.4. Hvis dit AppleTV ikke er udstyret med et IR-Þje, forgÄr betjening af AppleTV med Beoremote One via CEC og CEC fungerer ikke efter denne opdatering.

Hvis dit AppleTV er udstyret med et IR-Ăžje, skal vi lede efter fejl et andet sted.

Vi regner med, at Apple lĂžser problemet meget snart, men indtil da, er det kun muligt at betjene AppleTV med dets egen fjernbetjening.

Med venlig hilsen

Sussi | Customer Care

Millemissen
            GOLD Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark

In addition.

For those who do not understand the danish answer from Sussi

..this is only in case you have relied on CEC for controlling.
              Those who have control via PUC haven’t got this problem.

MM

Vedet
              BRONZE Member

Good afternoon!

What is the difference between CEC and PUC? How is PUC control implemented?

CEC, as far as I know, is implemented programmatically in HDMI, starting with version 1.4 (ARC), including the latest modification of eARC in version HDMI 2.1. What is needed to connect via PUC?

Millemissen
                GOLD Member
                  • Flensborg/Danmark

Good afternoon! What is the difference between CEC and PUC? How is PUC control implemented? CEC, as far as I know, is implemented programmatically in HDMI, starting with version 1.4 (ARC), including the latest modification of eARC in version HDMI 2.1. What is needed to connect via PUC?

PUC is a method invented by Bang & Olufsen to control external devices, that are connected to a Bang & Olufsen tv (solution), with a B&O remote.
                  Read about it here

The origins of PUC goes back to the  90’ies and was previous called STB controlling.
                  Read about that here

Apart from the signal cable – nowadays the HDMI connection – you will need an ir-blaster attached to the external device and connected to the ir-connection port on the BV (or most recent to the Beosound Theatre).

You can see a video about PUC here – in this example you see the BV11.

In the ‘old days’ the needed codes had to be loaded via cable to the BV’s from a B&O technician – since modern BV’s are online, these codes can be downloaded directly from a B&O server and installed.

MM

Vedet
                  BRONZE Member

Thank you so much)) Now everything has become clear.

cklit
                    BRONZE Member

Q: How do I setup a Listening Position for (2.0) music listening on Beosound Theatre?

A: Here is what I would do: I have a 5.0.2 setup (Theatre+Fronts+Surrounds+Front heights). If this was a Beovision Eclipse or 11 or similar and I wanted a listening position for music listening, I would probably create a dedicated 2.0 speaker group, where only the Front speakers were added. However, because bass management in Theatre works differently (all speakers play their part in the low frequencies based on their capability), I do it differently here.

1: I’ll start by setting up and adjusting a Listening Position with all speakers, optimized for the sweetspot.

2: I’m lucky enough to have a room that allows for “the triangle”, so that I can sit perfectly in the middle of the 2 fronts at the same distance from each speaker, as the distance that the fronts are apart. Therefore, after the microphone measurement, I check that the distance to each front is set to the same (because I don’t want to mess with the timing between the 2 fronts, when I know I’m seated in the optimal position). While I’m at it, I check all the other distances too

3: Once the Listening Position with all speakers is perfectly tweaked, go to your desired Sound mode and ensure that the processing is set to ‘Direct’. Leave ‘Bass management’ ON. This way ALL your speakers are helping with the low end, even though it’s only the fronts that are playing everything above 120Hz.

Now you won’t hear large differences in bass performance, e.g. when switching from a movie in surround to music in stereo – AND you’re utilising the full performance of your carefully collected entertainment system.

Just to recap: If I only have one seating position, I can limit myself to 1 Listening Position with all speakers included, and 2 sound modes; one in Direct mode for music, and one in True Image for movies (my own preference, use something different if you like). Obviously, you may need a listening position optimised for more people, but that is kind of out of the scope of this question. Remember that you can assign a specific sound mode and listening position to each individual source via the app, so that you don’t have to change manually each time.

Enjoy the music 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by cklit.
                      BeoMedia
                      BRONZE Member

Worked as you described – thanks for sharing. This way the Theatre is contributing with its bass drivers even when playing in stereo with connected speakers.

Orsten
                        BRONZE Member

I have the following problem with my Theater and would be happy if you could try it out.
                          With the following title and video, the left woofer on the back of the device rattles audibly. All set to factory settings with room correction.
                          Title: Beg Forgiveness by Kanye West from second 13
                          Video: Dolby Atmos Fallout season 1 episode 1 from minute 6:10

B&O in Berlin have been able to reproduce the same problem in 3 theaters. So it seems to be a technical problem.

Regards

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

johnbrks
                          BRONZE Member

I occasionally have the problem with my BS Theater where it does not recognize the AppleTV. This happens spontaneously. Unplugging the theater does not fix the issue. If I press play, the Theater displays ‘Loading. Please try again later”.
                            The Television (LG G series is fine) and plays AppleTv fine and the speakers are fine.
                            Any suggestions?
                            it seems reset to factory will fix it, but resetting everything is annoying.

solidkd
                            BRONZE Member

My BST cant rename in the appevery time renamed it will return to beovision theatredoes anyone experience this bug

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Toronto, Canada

I have the same problem with my A9 Gen 2. Refuses anything but its original name.

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.