Beogram 4002 Restoration

Home Forums Products Related Forums BeoGram Beogram 4002 Restoration

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ChristianHak
    BRONZE Member

Very nice indeed. For shipping considerations, it would also be good to know where you ship from. Martin

Hi Martin,

These will be shipped from Brisbane, Australia. Currently, the best price I can find for shipping is ~$45 (Australian dollars) which includes tracking. This is roughly 30USD, 30EUR, 24GBP.

I also thought I would note that I studied furniture making in Copenhagen, Denmark and make fine furniture for a living, so I will make sure that these are perfect before I send them off to the wider world 🙂

ChristianHak
      BRONZE Member

A minor improvement would be to add some support between the ends of the “U” (i.e. make it structurally more like an “O”). This would reduce the chance that the plinth breaks due to its own mass during a hard impact. I’m always a bit surprised by how brutal shipping can be. When I pack something for shipping, I imagine it being dropped off a moving vehicle, then sat on by a toddler. 😉 Glitch

Hi Glitch,
        Yes, shipping can be brutal! I was contemplating doing a few drop and bump tests but I didn’t want to destroy some perfectly good packaging (the honeycomb cardboard isn’t the cheapest) haha.

I will take on board your suggestion and incorporate a support between the open end of the plinth by gluing in a spacer.

etype76
        BRONZE Member

I’ll check the dimensions of the 4000 this weekend and post pics.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.